Civil Rights Tour #1
Historic Civil Rights Tour #1 June 24th - July 1, 2019
All-Inclusive Tour includes
- Airfare, (SMF)
- Continental Breakfasts
- Group Meals
- Museum Entrance Fees
- Ground Transportation by Luxury Motor Coach
- Commemorative T-shirt
The purpose of the all-inclusive Civil Rights tours is to expose individuals to the places, events, and people who shaped the Civil Rights movement. Our tours are intergenerational and participants benefit from the intergenerational experience.
All Civil Right Tours include civil rights movement veterans and historical figures. Participants in the HBCU tours will gain an understanding of the role and foundation established by HBCU’s in our nation and the importance and relevance of the experience to today’s society.
Heritage Empowered seeks to share and expose individuals to the truth about the history of the multicultural civil rights struggle in America as well as the rich history of Historically Black Colleges and Universities.
Children, youth, college students, parents, and grandparents are encouraged to participate.
This enables all to be well-informed citizens prepared to participate in the current discussions, debates and most importantly the voting process for our country’s leaders based on current and historically accurate facts.
We have proven over the past decade the transformative effect such knowledge has on the thinking and actions of those who participate. We want to prepare all of our tour clients and the next generation with the information they need to confidently stand up against the efforts of those that would attempt to continue to maintain a second class citizenry.
The all-inclusive tour Participants will also have the opportunity to hear from many Civil Rights era “veterans”.
Tour highlights include:
- Martin Luther King National Museum, Apex Museum, George Washington Carver Museum
- Tuskegee Airman Museum, Tuskegee University, Rosa Parks Museum
- Southern Poverty Law Center, Civil Rights Memorial, Birmingham Civil Rights Institute
- Edmund Pettus Bridge, Jackson State University, Mississippi Delta Landmarks
- Blues History Museum, BB King Museum, Medgar Evers Home
- Frannie Lou Hamer Historic Sites, Emmit Til Landmarks, Freedom Summer Landmarks
- Alex Haley Birth Home, Slave Haven Mem-phis, Civil Rights Museum Memphis